+19 Kids think adults have all the freedom and adults think kids have all the freedom, amirite?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

this is why being 16 is the best

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

True but I'm glad I hadn't had to go through the things then that I have now to learn the things I know now but didn't know then

by Naive-Twist8667 2 weeks ago

I'd be glad to go through the things i need to knowing the things i know so i can do the things i know i wish i'd done and do them.

by ceasardare 2 weeks ago

I'd say the opposite, I guess it depends on where you grew up, but being in the countryside I needed to beg for lifts to get anywhere, you feel grown up but you're still essentially in a child's position. I'd say this is why university is the best. You can still act incredibly immature most of the time but with adult freedoms.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Yeah I prefer being an adult. Having that adult reliance always grated on me, even from a young age. I like my independence.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

But the only people with actual freedom are the billionaires.

by Sea-Championship 2 weeks ago

As someone who's around very wealthy people in the Bay Area California, their lives suck. You don't get to that level without leaving a trail of blood and tears, and they have to live with those decisions every day. They sacrifice everything truly valuable in life for a simple stupid dollar. Plus most of them are literally working 24/7. Those nice trip pictures you see on Instagram? They paused work for 1 sec to take that and then it's back to it. Grass is greener where you water it, not the other side

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

They work because they need more. Then you have people make Marcus Pearson (notch of Minecraft) who got billions and then bought a huge house and went off the deep end. They don't have to work 24/7. They could have a nice house and a nice life doing whatever they want for their life and their kids life (probably even a few generations worth).

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

That's why I say most. Certainly there are some who don't. But making decisions with billion dollar companies is not easy either, and when there's an emergency, they have to answer their phone or it could cost millions. Plus the biggest issue is what has to be done to obtain and maintain that level of wealth, it's not possible to do it while maintaining your morality.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Billionaires* work because they want to, not because they have to. No one needs to work when they have billions, that's a ludicrous suggestion

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You know how easily they'd lose their billions if they weren't making proper decisions about assets and companies? It's ludicrous that people think billionaires are just chilling have you seen elons schedule? If there's an emergency and they don't pick up the phone it could cost millions. Children of billionaires may be chilling but once dad dies there goes the money, they're gonna smoke it all.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Well, that's a complete misinterpretation. The point is that Musk could very easily cash out even a tiny fraction of his holdings and go sit on a beach for the rest of his life and not have to lift a finger. All that demand and responsibility is because he *chooses* to continue to work.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You have no idea how much a billion is. A kid could blow through 10 million dollars every year and still not spend a billion by the time he dies.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Are you around billionaires like they said though? No billionaire works because they have to.

by Mkoelpin 2 weeks ago

Freedom comes from within

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kids are idiots though and it should carry the death penalty to be under the age of 5.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Found the 6 year old

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Five and a half baybeeeeeee

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You got something planned in 6 months that you'd like to share?

by Irma96 2 weeks ago

it's a state of mind mate

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

"Wow, look way over there... that grass sure looks green, huh?"

by After_Union_6738 2 weeks ago

Grass is greener where you water it

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Humans are unfortunately not born free due to the fact that each generation has the responsibility to spoonfeed the next and previous ones.

by Ok-Version 1 week ago

No one has any freedom except that which you carve out for yourself.

by Gladyslarkin 1 week ago

Time + Money = freedom. Kids have time, adults have money

by Known-Patience 1 week ago

Nah being a kid sucks! I'll take being an adult any day

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's adults. Adults have the freedom. Source: I'm an adult, can do whatever I want. Was kid, literally couldn't.

by nikkokozey 1 week ago

Nah. I'm an adult and would never be a kid again. They very clearly have way less freedom than adults.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Different freedoms. As a 16 year old I need not worry about paying bills or taxes. As a 39 year old I need not justify going anywhere I want, anytime I want, with whoever I want.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

They have different freedoms. As the saying goes, "The grass is always greener on the other side."

by Anonymous 1 week ago

To be "free" you need to have a surplus of money/means and few responsibilities. Kids have too little of the former and adults have too much of the latter. Neither is "free"

by Anonymous 1 week ago