+38 Athleisure should not be consistently worn by people that are not teens/kids. You are basically wearing pajamas out of the house. amirite?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's comfortable, so people wear clothing like that. And associating self-respect with clothing is shallow and ridiculous.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Especially coming from someone (op) who collects manga.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I know he smells crazy

by Leonardo46 2 weeks ago

Hey I may smell but my jeans are still looking great from minimal washing

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I think the actual unpopular opinion here is calling it "Athleisure"

by Time-Leadership-5715 2 weeks ago

I just think people should dress their age. It's mostly when I see people dressed like that at an occasion when it's not appropriate. If I am going to a nice dinner and one of my friends shows up in sweats I'm gonna tell him he looks like an idiot and should put in a little effort. You wouldn't wear gym clothes to a wedding.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Who decides what's appropriate for what age? What exactly makes you qualified to make that decision?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I am not making that decision, hundreds of years of how people should dress did. Only recently has it thrown out because people care so little that they can't put on anything but gym clothes.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

But we literally don't dress the same as hundreds of years ago. Or even a hundred years ago. Or fifty years ago. I could go on.

by Maeve86 2 weeks ago

Society collectively rejects the "it's always been that way" logic for certain things. So just because "hundreds of years of how people should dress" isn't a great reason. We've had slaves for thousands of years, we've hated gay people, prevented women from having jobs, etc. Would you say hundreds of years of misogyny means we should also be misogynists today?

by No-Profile 2 weeks ago

100 years ago they were wearing sheets and overalls at all ages lol

by PayWarm 2 weeks ago

So you give in to peer pressure from long dead people? Got it

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

because i hate seeing people look sloppy and unkept

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Seems like that is your problem, but you want to try and make it everyone else's problem?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Sounds like a you problem. Have you considered not be a judgmental AH?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Here in Virginia, you'll be soaked in sweat and sticky within an hour or two. If you put makeup on or styled your hair, it has now melted. You'll also collect bright yellow pollen whenever you walk past a tree or sit on a park bench. Unless you are in amazing shape, choices for attractive yet practical clothing is severally limited and there's a good chance you'll need to change your clothes more than once a day. I doubt OP spends much time outdoors.

by Safe-Phrase 2 weeks ago

cries in lab-safe attire

by No-Profile 2 weeks ago

I don't disagree but do think people can just buy some nice summer clothes that will be light enough to not sweat more than normal

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I'm a bodybuilder, so I sweat way more than the average person. I also dont want to wear 3XLs just to be comfortable and "cover up" for no reason other than to appease the sensibilities of strangers.

by Ornorlo 2 weeks ago

How hard is it to put on jeans and a button up? Yeah, how hard is it to put on a button up shirt, a jacket, and a tie? I am not one of those people that think people need to dress well like how people did in the 40s/50s But that's exactly how you sound. Is it not embarrassing for them/the people they are with? Can't be embarrassed if you don't care.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The difference between jeans/button up and a suit is a lot. That's what I am saying though is people should care a little more about how they present themselves.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The difference between jeans/button up and a suit is a lot. It's not a lot of difference in effort. Do you not care enough about your appearance that you wouldn't be embarrassed wearing jeans?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

No because jeans look good, lululemon does not

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

yep, this is unpopular... but why do you care what others are wearing?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Many people, thankfully, don't care what others think about them.. Especially people they never will talk to or most likely see again

by PayWarm 2 weeks ago

I don't keep up with fashion, so I don't know what athleisure is. If it's comfortable, I probably wear it already.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You're pulling a punch. How happy would people be if paunchy men walked into Starbucks wearing leggings?

by Frances51 2 weeks ago

Nah man. Jeans are uncomfortable. I will keep going around in leggings and a t-shirt.

by stefanie23 2 weeks ago

I agree that going to something like a fancy dinner or even for drinks in Lululemons is too informal, but if someone is out and about running errands, I really don't care how they're dressed as long as they're covered appropriately and they're relatively clean. While I don't make a habit of wearing pajama pants out of the house, if my partner & I are having a lazy Saturday at home, and I pop over to the grocery store to pick up an ingredient we need to make brunch, I'm not changing out of my sweatpants and t shirt into jeans and a polo for the 15 minute door to door trip on the off chance that I bump into a client or coworker while I'm trying to pick the best looking carton of strawberries.

by No_Collection 2 weeks ago

Based

by Anonymous 1 week ago

As long as my bits are covered and I'm comfortable, to hell with whatever anyone else thinks. I see no halo above any head, so judge and get judged back.

by jfisher 1 week ago

Why does it affect you in ANY way what other people wear? My body my choice

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol I am just saying you look stupid, not saying you can't wear it

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Nah people online are just weird-- I'm sure people in real life would agree that putting a little effort into your appearance is a good thing

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Oh yeah I agree!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

God I'm so tired of seeing leggings. No one needs to see the outline of ur ass or ur frog butt. Ppl have given up on themselves and etiquette.

by Outrageous-Flow-997 1 week ago

Could also try not staring at a strangers ass

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Literally the simplest solution to the problem

by Safe-Phrase 1 week ago

Yeah I mean most jeans especially women's are basically the same tightness, I don't have an issue with that

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I like it because it makes me horny

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeh case in point..

Don't wear tights if you don't want me boning up near you

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So…. don't look? Pretty simple solution

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So you agree men should definitely not wear t-shirts, vests and shorts? They're obviously desperate for people to look at their arms and legs, and they're clearly lazy.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Its thicker material so not equatable. All the ads i have ever seen for leggings are incredibly sexualized and made to make your ass stand out as much as possible. Its a lazy and for some reason acceptable way to be half naked in public. Dudes dont got their balls perfectly cupped in a compartment outside their jorts. Just a genuinely bad rebuttal.

Yes please, criticize my response when you're the one crying about leggings. Could you get anymore delicate?'

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I just don't understand trying to start a conversation and then getting offended that I replied back to you? LOL

I'm not offended, you're clearly the one offended. By leggings.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No others most conform to what the deem appropriate

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Frog butt? 🧐

by hahnbrett 1 week ago

Idk what that means

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Me neither!

by hahnbrett 1 week ago

Maybe like the Hank Hill butt

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Idk either, but frogs jump with their back legs so prob have pretty sizeable (comparatively) butts, and frog moves help grow a human butt. Guess op has something against butts.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I actually wear pajamas out of the house so you must hate me lmao.

by RoundNeedleworker 1 week ago